Plantar Wart Treatment in San Francisco, CA
At Magdalena Blasko Podiatry, Our Foot Doctors Are Able to Treat the Source of Plantar Warts So They Don’t Come Back! To Book an Appointment to Remove Your Warts in San Francisco CA, Call Us Today. We Are Conveniently Located at 1600 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94115.
Plantar warts can be quite the nuisance, but when they’re treated properly and professionally, they’re not a problem for long. For a professional like Dr. Magdalena Blasko, plantar wart removal is a simple procedure. Get in touch with us at our clinic today if you’re experiencing the signs and symptoms of plantar warts. The doctor will be able to take care of them easily and permanently.
What are the common symptoms of plantar warts?
It’s usually easy to identify plantar warts because the signs and symptoms are pretty obvious. Here are some of the most common ones:
- A small, rough growth on the bottom of the patient’s foot around the toes, forefoot, and/or heel
- A hard, thick callus on a spot on the skin
- Black pinpoints (which are small, clotted blood vessels)
- Tenderness or pain when putting pressure on the area (such as by walking)
Some of the less common signs and symptoms that require medical attention include:
- Significant pain or pain that interferes with regular activities
- A growth that is bleeding or changing in appearance or color
- A wart that persists, recurs, or multiplies
Additionally, if you have diabetes, poor sensation in your feet, or a weakened immune system, then you should also go see a doctor like Dr. Magdalena Blasko. The doctor is a professional podiatrist, so she is more than able to help patients with plantar warts and these other issues.
How are plantar warts diagnosed?
It’s easier for a professional to tell whether you have plantar warts. He or she will examine the growth, check for signs of clotted blood vessels, and sometimes remove a small part of the growth in a simple shave biopsy and have it tested in a laboratory. Dr. Magdalena Blasko can do this here at her clinic. And once she’s determined what the growth is, she’ll be quick to treat it!
How are plantar warts treated?
Often plantar warts will go away on their own, but not always, and sometimes they can take a year or two to go away. Over-the-counter medications can work sometimes, but you might need multiple treatments, and the warts might return later. Professional treatment, though, can be much more effective, and permanent. All this is why professional treatment is much better! Some of the treatments Dr. Blasko provides include:
- Prescription-strength wart medications with salicylic acid, which can help remove layers of the wart a bit at a time
- Cryotherapy, or freezing medicine with liquid nitrogen, which causes the area to blister and the wart tissue to slough off
- Immune therapy, which helps stimulate your immune system to fight off viral warts
- Minor surgery, which can be especially effective, and which a podiatrist like Dr. Blasko can provide
- And other treatments too
Do you provide plantar wart treatment in San Francisco, CA?
Yes, we provide this treatment for patients in the San Francisco area and beyond. Our clinic is located over at 1600 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94115, and you can reach us at (415) 212-7740. Please call that number to book an appointment with us, or you can book an appointment with us online. Dr. Blasko would be happy to see you for any reason, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us at her clinic if you believe you could benefit from her services!